Does hyperemesis gravidarum run in families?

Family history is a risk factor for hyperemesis gravidarum. If your mother developed hyperemesis gravidarum during pregnancy, you are three times more likely to have this condition. However, the chance of developing hyperemesis gravidarum is still very slim. Probably less than two percent of all women experience this condition during pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
How common are high blood pressure and preeclampsia in pregnancy?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
High blood pressure problems occur in 6 percent to 8 percent of all pregnancies in the U.S., about 7...
Can I still have sex if I have a low lying placenta?
If you have been diagnosed with a low-lying placenta you should ask your doctor if sex is okay. It d...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children