How can I prevent anemia during pregnancy?

Iron is an important element for you to take in while you're pregnant because the baby is going to be taking a lot of your iron and leaving you with what the baby doesn't need. That can cause you to be anemic. The best way to keep your iron up is with normal foods that contain iron, and these would include green leafy vegetables such as spinach, red meat, and Idaho russet potato skins.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
Should I talk to my doctor if I have a discharge of amniotic fluid?
Leakage of amniotic fluid at any point during a pregnancy needs to be discussed with the healthcare ...
What medications are given to women with placenta previa?
Medicines are not given to treat placenta previa itself, but they may be given to you if you are at ...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children