How does placenta accreta affect the body?

Vaginal bleeding is the main way that placenta accreta affects the body. If the condition has not been diagnosed before delivery and the doctor tries to remove the placenta, there could be a lot of bleeding. This is known as hemorrhage and it is a cause for alarm. If it is not controlled, it could lead to death.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
How can I prevent varicose veins during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Varicose veins are a common complaint in pregnancy, and they result from increased pressure in the v...
What foods should I eat to prevent anemia during pregnancy?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
Many foods, like red meat and spinach, are iron rich and can help prevent anemia during pregnancy.
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children