How do I manage my low lying placenta during my pregnancy?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Follow your doctor's orders closely if you have a low-lying placenta. Depending on where you are in your pregnancy and how close the placenta is to the cervix, you may have to hold off on too much activity and sexual intercourse. Take it easy. It is not a bad idea to ask for help running errands and with other household chores. Make sure to call your doctor right away if you start bleeding.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
How is an incompetent cervix diagnosed?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
An incompetent cervix is typically diagnosed by transvaginal ultrasound. Certain factors such as pri...
What causes preeclampsia?
We don't know what causes preeclampsia, but there are several theories, including: Not enough bl...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children