How do I manage my low lying placenta during my pregnancy?

Follow your doctor's orders closely if you have a low-lying placenta. Depending on where you are in your pregnancy and how close the placenta is to the cervix, you may have to hold off on too much activity and sexual intercourse. Take it easy. It is not a bad idea to ask for help running errands and with other household chores. Make sure to call your doctor right away if you start bleeding.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Pregnancy Complications

Complications can fall into the category that is harmful to the baby and/or harmful to the mother. Many women develop gestational diabetes, which only affects the mother. Preeclampsia, which elevates the blood pressure of the moth...

er during pregnancy, can be harmful to both mother and baby. Ectopic pregnancies can put both the mother and baby at risk when the embryo attaches to the fallopian tube, instead of moving to the uterus. Miscarriages or premature births can also happen to pregnant women with certain risk factors. When going through labor, progress can slow, causing distress for the baby and mother. In some cases, a C-section is needed to keep from causing harm to both the baby and mother.