What do I need to know about caring for someone with placental abruption?

If you are caring for someone with placental abruption, recognize that she is in a very fragile state. As such, try to protect her from any possible injury. Ask her about any symptoms that could mean that the condition is getting worse, such as vaginal bleeding, leaking fluids, and contractions. Make sure that she takes any medicine the doctor prescribes. If she shows any serious symptoms, take her to a medical facility immediately.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
Is it bad if I bleed when I am pregnant?
Mary ChappellMary Chappell
I never consider bleeding during pregnancy normal. Common? Yes. Main point is to find out why you ar...
What is anemia in pregnancy?
Anemia is a fairly common pregnancy condition and occurs when you have low levels of hemoglobin in y...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children