How do I care for a woman with amniotic sac disorders?

Some amniotic sac disorders may need attention before delivery. If you are caring for a woman with an amniotic sac disorder, you may need to take her to the doctor more frequently after the disorder is diagnosed. You should ensure that any prescribed medication is taken or and see that the pregnant mother rests and stays off of her feet if necessary. If the amniotic sac disorder becomes severe, she may need to be hospitalized and there is a possibility that early delivery may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
What should I do if I have a high-risk pregnancy?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
A high-risk pregnancy isn’t something to be afraid of, but it is important to identify risks and cre...
What increases my risk for placenta previa?
Placenta previa occurs when the zygote implants in the lower uterine segment. Usually the zygote imp...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children