Can placenta accreta harm my baby?

Having the placenta position itself too deeply in the uterine wall, as is the case with placenta accreta, may not interfere with the development of your baby by itself. The placenta should be able to provide nourishment to the baby regardless. One risk to your baby related to placenta accreta, though, is that of premature birth.

Placenta accreta does not usually impact the well-being on the fetus in utero. With placenta accreta the perfusion and diffusion of nutritents, oxygen, waste products and other substances necessary to fetal well-being are unaffected.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
How common is pregnancy-induced hypertension?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Research shows that pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) affects over 7 percent of pregnancies or on...
How can high blood glucose during pregnancy affect my baby?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Studies have shown that you can have a healthy baby if your blood glucose levels are in the targ...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children