Can a low lying placenta be prevented?

No. The location of the placenta is determined by where the embryo implants in the uterine lining. 

A low lying placenta cannot be prevented. You cannot control where your placenta positions itself. The condition and shape of your uterus may be to blame or the shape of the placenta itself, but these are all factors that you have no power over.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
When should I see my doctor about vaginal bleeding during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If a patient experiences vaginal bleeding during pregnancy, this is not always normal. A patient sho...
How can a high-risk pregnancy be prevented?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Preventing high-risk pregnancy is not as black and white as it may seem. Women might be able to mini...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children