Will I have to go on bed rest because of my placental abruption?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
In most cases of placental abruption, your doctor will recommend bed rest to reduce the risk of abdominal trauma. If you have placental abruption early in your pregnancy, the doctor will usually put you on bed rest. He might also prescribe medicine to help your baby's lungs develop in case of early delivery. If you are close to the end of your pregnancy, your doctor will most likely perform an emergency delivery.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

can i still have sex if i have a low lying placenta ?
If you have been diagnosed with a low-lying placenta you should ask your doctor if sex is okay. It d...
what is cervical incompetence ?
Cervical incompetence is a very unfortunate term for when the cervix does not stay closed during pre...
who is at greatest risk for premature labor ?
Women at greatest risk for preterm labor are those with a previous history of preterm birth, known c...
how does polyhydramnios affect the body ?
The consequences of polyhydramnios on the body are related to the effect of the increased pressure o...