Will I have to go on bed rest because of my placental abruption?

In most cases of placental abruption, your doctor will recommend bed rest to reduce the risk of abdominal trauma. If you have placental abruption early in your pregnancy, the doctor will usually put you on bed rest. He might also prescribe medicine to help your baby's lungs develop in case of early delivery. If you are close to the end of your pregnancy, your doctor will most likely perform an emergency delivery.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
What do doctors do when a woman is in premature labor?
When a woman presents with preterm labor in the hospital, the care team will hydrate the woman and g...
What should I know about pre-term contractions during pregnancy?
Prof. Kathy SniderProf. Kathy Snider
It is always important to understand what is meant by "pre-term". In the hospital setting, it is oft...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children