Do not stop taking prednisone without talking to your doctor. If you've taken it for more than a few days, your doctor will probably want to taper your doses gradually. Stopping prednisone suddenly may cause a variety of side effects, such as extreme tiredness, weakness, slowed movements, upset stomach, weight loss, changes in skin color, sores in the mouth and a craving for salt.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of prednisone?
- Q What should I avoid while taking prednisone?
- Q How does prednisone for a lung transplant affect vision?
- Q How can I safely take prednisone?
- Q What should I know about prednisone before taking it?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of prednisone?