Do not stop taking prednisone without talking to your doctor. If you've taken it for more than a few days, your doctor will probably want to taper your doses gradually. Stopping prednisone suddenly may cause a variety of side effects, such as extreme tiredness, weakness, slowed movements, upset stomach, weight loss, changes in skin color, sores in the mouth and a craving for salt.
- Q How can I safely take prednisone?
- Q Can prednisone interact with other medications or foods?
- Q How soon after starting prednisone will my symptoms improve?
- Q Who should not take prednisone?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking prednisone?
- Q What is prednisone?