Why do I need to know if I have prediabetes?

If you have prediabetes, you can and should do something about it. Studies have shown that people with prediabetes can prevent or delay the development of type 2 diabetes by up to 58 percent through changes to their lifestyle that include modest weight loss and regular exercise. The expert panel recommends that people with prediabetes reduce their weight by 5-10 percent and participate in some type of modest physical activity for 30 minutes daily. For some people with prediabetes, intervening early can actually turn back the clock and return elevated blood glucose levels to the normal range.

Continue Learning about Prediabetes

Get a Prediabetes Wake-Up Call
Get a Prediabetes Wake-Up Call
At home games the Cleveland Browns blast out a pregame playlist of songs that players and fans have requested to get cranked up for the game. Last sea...
How many carbs a day can a prediabetic eat?
Enas ShakkourEnas Shakkour
The amount of carbs you can eat depends on your age, sex, height, weight, and activity level. On ave...
Prevent Diabetes in 9 Steps
Prevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 Steps
Find out how you can prevent diabetes by making simple lifestyle changes.
What Is Prediabetes?
What Is Prediabetes?