How many carbs a day can a prediabetic eat?

Enas Shakkour
The amount of carbs you can eat depends on your age, sex, height, weight, and activity level. On average females can have 3-4 servings of carbs for each meal, and a serving of carbs in between meals. A serving of carbohydrates is 15 grams of carbs. On average, a male can have 5-6 servings of carbs for each meal and a serving of carb in between each meal. Remember, though, that the type of carb matters too. As a pre-diabetic, you should choose carbs that are whole grains. Whole grains contain fiber and nutrients, and they help keep you satiated longer.

Continue Learning about Prediabetes

Don’t Let Prediabetes Turn Into a Health Crisis
 Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck were a pretty scary duo in Double Indemnity, but the carnage those conniving killers dished out is child’s play c...
Can exercise help improve my blood sugar levels if I have prediabetes?
Dana ArtinyanDana Artinyan
Exercise can definitely improve your blood sugar if you have prediabetes, but you may also need ...
Prevent Diabetes in 9 Steps
Prevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 StepsPrevent Diabetes in 9 Steps
Find out how you can prevent diabetes by making simple lifestyle changes.
What Is Prediabetes?
What Is Prediabetes?