Should I see a doctor or psychologist if I have PTSD?

Although it's often difficult for people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to discuss their experiences, it's worthwhile to see a psychiatrist or psychotherapist because treatment can offer tremendous relief. Even if your symptoms don't meet the criteria for PTSD, you may not have escaped a traumatic event unscathed. If you have troubling symptoms related to the event, you may benefit from making an appointment with a mental health professional to disucss treatment options.

Continue Learning about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): What You Need to Know
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a serious and potentially debilitating condition that can affect a person following a traumatic event, such a...
If I am diagnosed with PTSD, will it hurt my military career?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
There are still a lot of myths and misunderstanding about post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Vet...
How many people get post-traumatic stress disorder?
It is estimated that eight percent of the population will go through some signs and symptoms of post...
Overcoming Depression: Noah's Story
Overcoming Depression: Noah's Story