Are there side effects to antidepressants used for PTSD?

Prescribing the right amount of medication depends on your symptoms. To lessen the side effects of nausea, weight gain, and fatigue caused by antidepressants, you need to work with your doctor. Increasing or decreasing the dosage can change the effect the drug will have. In some cases, trying a different medication altogether will have fewer side effects. Do not stop taking your medication without consulting your doctor.

Continue Learning about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment

PTSD Treatments That Could Work for You
PTSD Treatments That Could Work for You
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can occur after any event—a car accident, a battle, a heart attack—that’s considered traumatizing, either to the...
PTSD: A Treatment That Works
PTSD: A Treatment That Works
Trauma is more common than you may think. In the U.S. 60 percent of men and 50 percent of women have experienced at least one highly traumatic or terr...
Are over-the-counter medications available for PTSD?
Post-traumatic stress disorder should be treated by a professional rather than with over-the-counter...
Should I get treatment if I have post-traumatic stress disorder?
Seeking help is the first step in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you are experie...