Why do I need to take my temperature daily after a lung transplant?

It is important to take your temperature every day in the morning. An increase in your normal temperature can be a symptom of either organ rejection or infection. Both rejection and infection are easier to treat when recognized early. Someone whose immune system is suppressed does not always get high fevers. Call your transplant team any time your temperature reaches 101° F (39.5° C).

Continue Learning about Post Lung Transplant Procedure

How long is the hospital stay for a lung transplant?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Recent progress in anesthesia, surgical techniques and postoperative care have dramatically shor...
What can I do about cuts and scratches after my lung transplant?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Keep minor cuts and scratches clean and dry by washing daily with soap and water. If you wish, you m...
Why can't I drink alcohol after a lung transplant?
Alcohol is metabolized (broken down) by the liver and causes damage that can lead to liver failu...
How can I avoid side effects from my lung transplant medications?
You will be on a relatively high dosage of three immunosuppressants, including prednisone, a stero...