When can I return to school or work after my lung transplant?

You should be able to return to school or work within three to six months. Your transplant team will help you decide what is best for you. You may wish to discuss career counseling with the transplant team's social worker.

Continue Learning about Post Lung Transplant Procedure

How do I monitor my blood pressure after a lung transplant?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
High blood pressure is a common side effect of both Neoral and Prograf. It can also indicate that ...
How do I monitor my vital signs after my lung transplant?
After you leave the hospital you will be asked to monitor your temperature, blood pressure, weight, ...
How can I avoid infection after my lung transplant?
Preventing infection is mostly common sense. Protect yourself by following these simple guidelines: ...
What should I expect after lung transplant surgery?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Following  lung transplant surgery, you'll remain in the hospital or transfer to a recommended reh...