When should I call the doctor if I have had a lung transplant?

People that have had a lung transplant should call the doctor when they have questions or concerns about their health, or in case of:
  • Fever
  • Weight gain or loss of five pounds
  • General feeling of illness
  • Persistent cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Increased sputum production or change in color of sputum
  • Sore throat
  • Tooth or gum pain
  • Redness, swelling or drainage of a skin sore
  • Pain or burning when you urinate
  • Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea

Continue Learning about Post Lung Transplant Procedure

How will my lung transplant affect my daily life?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
After returning home, you should try to resume "normal living." If you want to go to a movie or a so...
How does a lung transplant affect dental work?
You may have received a dental consultation during your pre-transplant workup to be sure that any ne...
Why should I stop smoking after my lung transplant?
We recommend strongly that you do not smoke. Smoking damages your new lungs, putting you at greate...
Why do I need to take my temperature daily after a lung transplant?
It is important to take your temperature every day in the morning. An increase in your normal temp...