How will my transplant team support me after my lung transplant?

Once you leave the hospital, you are not alone.

The team's social worker will assist you and your family with the discharge preparations. The transplant coordinators will order your medications from the pharmacy of your choice so that all the medications you need will be available when you leave the hospital. The nurses in the hospital will help educate you about how to care for yourself. Inevitably, questions will arise after you have left the hospital. A member of the team is always available to answer your questions.

Continue Learning about Post Lung Transplant Procedure

How does a lung transplant affect hair?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Prednisone often weakens the condition of your hair. Permanent wave lotions, tints, dyes, and bleach...
How do doctors monitor for rejection of a transplanted lung?
Rejection can frequently be silent and without symptoms, and detected only by lung function testing....
How can I avoid side effects from my lung transplant medications?
You will be on a relatively high dosage of three immunosuppressants, including prednisone, a stero...
How should I take my transplant medications?
Guidelines for taking your transplant medications include: Always take your medications at the s...