Does the size of our plates influence how much we eat?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Over the years, meal portions have gotten larger, says Robin Miller, MD. This does influence how much we eat. Watch Miller as she shares a technique for keeping our meal sizes small.

Continue Learning about Portion Control

How to Pick the Perfect Portion
How to Pick the Perfect Portion
When it comes to food portions, Americans are definitely living in a supersized world. Portion sizes have increased dramatically over the past 20 year...
How effective are portion-control diets?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Studies have shown that portion control diets result in significant weight loss that is maintained o...
How can I decrease my food portion sizes?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
An easy way to limit portions is to use smaller dishes and bowls. Try using dessert bowls for yo...
Know the Difference Between Portion Size and Serving Size