How can polymyositis affect my ability to speak?

Polymyositis may cause you to develop difficulty speaking. Polymyositis is a general term for a group of diseases that cause muscles to become inflamed. The main symptom of polymyositis is muscle weakness. The act of speaking requires coordinated muscle movement, so this condition may make it difficult to communicate clearly.

Continue Learning about Polymyositis

How can polymyositis affect my energy level?
Many people who develop polymyositis complain of shortness of breath and find it difficult to carr...
What is the prognosis for polymyositis?
The prognosis for polymyositis varies. Most people respond fairly well to therapy, but some have a m...
How is polymyositis treated?
There is no cure for polymyositis, but its symptoms can be treated. Options include medication, phys...
How can polymyositis affect my heart?
One complication of polymyositis is a potentially serious heart condition known as an arrhythmia. ...