What are the symptoms of alcohol poisoning?

The symptoms of alcohol poisoning are very serious and can be life-threatening. If any of the following symptoms are seen in a person who has recently been consuming alcohol, immediate medical care should be sought: cold body temperature; disorientation or confusion; pale or blue skin; seizures; shallow, slow, or irregular breathing; unconsciousness; vomiting. These symptoms are signs of serious overdose in someone who has been drinking. Without urgent treatment, they can lead to coma or death.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What increases my risk for industrial waste poisoning?
The risk factors for industrial waste poisoning are mainly proximity and length of exposure time. Wh...
What forms can poison take?
In order to know when and how to treat someone who has come into contact with a poisonous substance,...
What should I do if my child swallows poison?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
If your child swallows poison the most important thing is to take the item away and not to make your...