What increases my risk for poisoning?

Being very young or old increases your risk for poisoning. These age groups may be confused or not understand what a poison is or what proper quantities of various substances are. Being hospitalized may also increase your risk for a poisoning from a drug-related error. Workers in industrial factories may also be prone to poisoning if they are exposed to harmful chemicals.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...
How can I identify poisons?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Poisoning may be accidental or intentional - drugs, chemicals, and household cleaners are all potent...
What is poison?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A poison is any substance that causes injury, illness, or death if it enters the body.