What should I do if my child inhaled poison?

If your child inhaled poison, immediately move your child into fresh air. Avoid breathing fumes. Open the doors and windows wide to allow fresh air into the area. If your child is not breathing, start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...
What information should I gather if I think someone has swallowed a poison?
Jonathon E. Pangia, DOJonathon E. Pangia, DO
If you think someone has swallowed poison, you should call the Poison Control Center -- it’s one of ...
How can a person be poisoned?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A person can be poisoned by swallowing poison, breathing it, absorbing it through the skin, or by ha...