What are the treatment options for poisoning?

Most poisonings are generally treated the same way. First, the doctor should support the poisoned person's breathing as well as blood pressure. They should then keep the person from ingesting or absorbing additional poison. A physician may try to help the removal of the poison through activated charcoal or other methods. They generally finish with any antidotes that might be available.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...
How can a person be poisoned?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A person can be poisoned by swallowing poison, breathing it, absorbing it through the skin, or by ha...
When should I call poison control?
If you think that someone has eaten, breathed or touched something dangerous, call poison control. A...