Is there a cure for industrial waste poisoning?

The cure for some cases of industrial waste poisoning relies on how quickly the assigned antidote is administered. Most toxic chemicals that cause poisoning are eliminated from the body after medical treatment. For example, in the case of vinyl chloride poisoning, the person breathes and urinates the toxin out of their body in a short amount of time. These people, however, must continue to be observed because the effects of the poisoning may continue and cause more damage to the body and its systems. People who survive industrial waste poisoning by hydrogen cyanide run the risk of having brain damage that may affect memory or personality.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How should I dispose of a mercury thermometer?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mercury (sometimes called quicksilver) is a dangerous material. Mercury-glass thermometers are n...
What should I do if a poisoned person becomes violent or threatening?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If the person becomes violent or threatening, move to safety and wait for help to arrive.
How can I prevent severe poisoning?
Follow these rules to prevent poisoning:• Choose products in containers that are hard for children t...