What are the symptoms of a poisonous plant reaction?

Leigh Vinocur, MD
Emergency Medicine

The raised, red, itchy bumps that are a telltale sign of exposure to a poisonous plant don't always show up right away, says emergency medicine specialist Dr. Leigh Vinocur. To learn why, and how you can prevent rashes from poison ivy, oak or sumac, watch this video.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...
Can alcohol poisoning have any complications?
Complications from alcohol poisoning, which occurs when high quantities of alcohol are consumed in o...
What increases my risk for industrial waste poisoning?
The risk factors for industrial waste poisoning are mainly proximity and length of exposure time. Wh...