What are the sources of heavy metals in our body?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Most of the heavy metals in the body are a result of environmental contamination due to industry. In the United States alone, industrial sources and leaded gasoline each year dump more than 600,000 tons of lead into the atmosphere to be inhaled or - after being deposited on food crops, in fresh water, and in soil - to be ingested. Other common sources of heavy metals include lead from the solder in tin cans, pesticide sprays, and cooking utensils; cadmium and lead from cigarette smoke; mercury from dental fillings, contaminated fish, and cosmetics; and aluminum from antacids and cookware. Professions with extremely high exposure include battery makers, gasoline station attendants, printers, roofers, solderers, dentists, and jewelers.

What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn't Know: The Alternative Treatments That May Change Your Life--and the Prescriptions That Could Harm You

From one of today's leading authorities on natural medicine comes a provocative look into how the pharmaceutical and medical industries have created our current health crisis and a practical guide to...

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
Should I go to the ER with severe poisoning?
 Dr. Cathy Provins-Churbock, PhD Dr. Cathy Provins-Churbock, PhD
Yes, severe poisoning can be life threatening and you should seek emergency medical care. Calling 91...
What happens when I call the National Poison Control Center hotline?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
When you call this number, your call is automatically routed to your regional poison control cen...
What should I do if a poisoned person becomes violent or threatening?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If the person becomes violent or threatening, move to safety and wait for help to arrive.