What should I ask my doctor about industrial waste poisoning?

After a diagnosis and treatment for industrial waste poisoning, it is important to ask your doctor about possible hospitalization and the type of follow-up care you may need. Ask your physician if the toxic substance has caused or can cause cancer or permanent damage to your body. If you are pregnant, it may also be important to know whether or not the condition could affect your unborn child. Some chemicals, like vinyl chloride, can cause damage a few days after being exposed to it. Ask your doctor is this can happen in your case, and if there are any blood or urine tests you can take to ensure it doesn't.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
Read More
What are the sources of heavy metals in our body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Most of the heavy metals in the body are a result of environmental contamination due to industry. In...
More Answers
What are the health risks of toluene?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MDDr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Toluene, a solvent found in nail polish, paints, and when petroleum-based paraffin candles are burne...
More Answers
What is the most common cause of poisoning in the elderly?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
Potential sources of 'poisoning in the elderly' cover a lot of ground, but two "most likely suspects...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.