Should I talk to my doctor about my radiation poisoning symptoms?

Disasters involving radioactive material would likely be communicated via the media. If such an event occurs, you should listen for instructions provided by your local emergency response system. Follow the news closely to learn more about the extent of the disaster, how to avoid further exposure, and when to seek medical attention. The early symptoms of radiation poisoning are similar to those of anxiety so try not to panic. However, seek immediate medical attention if you know you have been exposed to radioactive material and you develop nausea, vomiting, or skin changes such as burns or wounds.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What are heavy metals in regards to the human body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The toxic metals aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury, and nickel are often referred to as heav...
What's the treatment for a poisonous jellyfish sting?
Shirley A. Jones, RNShirley A. Jones, RN
Wear gloves, if possible, and brush off stingers with a towel. Gently wash the area with salt water....
What environmental clues might reveal possible poisoning?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Try to get information from the person or from bystanders. Notice any unusual odors, flames, smo...