What is the rate of incidence for alcohol poisoning?

In a study done in the late 1990s, researchers found that about 1,300 people in the United States die every year either as a result of alcohol poisoning or because alcohol poisoning was a contributing factor. Men were far more likely than women to be part of this group. Binge drinking, which is often the cause of alcohol poisoning, is rather common; when 75 percent of adults drink alcohol, it is part of a binge-drinking session.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How are rural-living people exposed to environmental hazards?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Environmental health hazards are related to the urban population. Rural people face heavy exposure t...
How can I reduce my exposure to environmental hazards?
Our homes, workplaces, and indoor or outdoor community settings, including our children's schools, m...
What is venom?
Venom is a poisonous fluid secretion of certain animals; venom is useful to the animal for captu...