How is radiation poisoning diagnosed?

A person usually knows if they have been exposed to radiation. They may have received medical treatments involving radiation, had a work-related accident, or heard news of a local disaster. The amount of exposure is related to the timing and type of symptoms. With higher doses, symptoms appear sooner, progress more rapidly, and are more serious.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can environmental hazards affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Where and how we live and work affects our health all the time. Evidence suggests that hazards in ou...
What information should I gather if I think someone has swallowed a poison?
Jonathon E. Pangia, DOJonathon E. Pangia, DO
If you think someone has swallowed poison, you should call the Poison Control Center -- it’s one of ...
What is the most common cause of poisoning in the elderly?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
Potential sources of 'poisoning in the elderly' cover a lot of ground, but two "most likely suspects...