What if I'm pregnant and have industrial waste poisoning?

Industrial waste poisoning may have developmental effects on unborn children. There are 30 chemicals listed by the federal government that may cause problems for women who are pregnant and become exposed to toxic substances. Depending on the chemical and length of exposure, a pregnant woman's unborn baby may need to be considered while treating the mother for poisoning. And while many chemicals, such as benzene and hydrogen cyanide, adversely affect adults, research regarding how they affect pregnancy and unborn babies has been inconclusive. However, medical counseling is recommended for women exposed to toxins while pregnant.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
How can I reduce my exposure to environmental hazards?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Our homes, workplaces, and indoor or outdoor community settings, including our children's schools, m...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...
What happens when I call the National Poison Control Center hotline?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
When you call this number, your call is automatically routed to your regional poison control cen...