What lifestyle changes should I make after I have alcohol poisoning?

If you survive an episode of alcohol poisoning with no permanent damage, you will not necessarily need to make any lifestyle changes for medical reasons. However, you should evaluate why the overdose happened. For example, did you experience peer pressure to binge drink, or do you have an inability to control your alcohol consumption? You can gather information from other people who were present when you were drinking to get a clearer picture of your behavior at the time. If you have difficulty controlling your drinking, consider follow-up care. This can include appointments with a counselor or social worker, or a visit to a rehabilitation facility. Through this sort of care, you can work to identify the factors that lead to the binge drinking and make the necessary changes to prevent further issues with alcohol in the future.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
Could my environment be making me sick?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
There is good evidence that many overlapping disorders including chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyal...
What is the most common cause of poisoning in the elderly?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
Potential sources of 'poisoning in the elderly' cover a lot of ground, but two "most likely suspects...
How can I prevent severe poisoning?
Follow these rules to prevent poisoning:• Choose products in containers that are hard for children t...