Is aluminum harmful?

Aluminum is a metallic element that is found combined with other elements in the earth's crust. It is also found in small amounts in soil, water, and many foods. Aluminum is used in medicine and dentistry and in many products such as foil, cans, pots and pans, airplanes, siding, and roofs. High levels of aluminum in the body can be harmful.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What is venom?
Venom is a poisonous fluid secretion of certain animals; venom is useful to the animal for captu...
What information should I gather if I think someone has swallowed a poison?
Jonathon E. Pangia, DOJonathon E. Pangia, DO
If you think someone has swallowed poison, you should call the Poison Control Center -- it’s one of ...
What are the sources of heavy metals in our body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Most of the heavy metals in the body are a result of environmental contamination due to industry. In...