How is industrial waste poisoning by vinyl chloride treated?

Treatment for industrial waste poisoning by vinyl chloride is focused on the effects of the toxin. There is no antidote, but doctors can successfully treat the symptoms of this condition and most people recover completely. Treatment options include supporting respiratory function by administering oxygen and using inhalation therapy and hospitalization. Because vinyl chloride leaves the body at a rapid rate by breathing and urinating, treatment plans are generally successful and no follow-up is needed.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What are the sources of heavy metals in our body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Most of the heavy metals in the body are a result of environmental contamination due to industry. In...
When should I call poison control?
If you think that someone has eaten, breathed or touched something dangerous, call poison control. A...
How should I dispose of a mercury thermometer?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mercury (sometimes called quicksilver) is a dangerous material. Mercury-glass thermometers are n...