How do I care for someone with industrial waste poisoning?

Caring for someone with industrial waste poisoning initially involves calling for emergency medical help. Because being exposed to harmful chemicals generally causes immediate symptoms and signs of poisoning, it is urgent to get the person to a hospital. Once an antidote or the appropriate medical attention has been administered, and symptoms are gone, the person will need to rest and be watched for signs of any unusual symptoms, such as disorientation, trouble breathing, burning sensations, or nausea.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What is poison?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A poison is any substance that causes injury, illness, or death if it enters the body.
What are the health risks of toluene?
Toluene, a solvent found in nail polish, paints, and when petroleum-based paraffin candles are burne...
How can I tell if a home product is poisonous?
Almost anything can be poisonous if it is used the wrong way, in the wrong amount, or by the wro...