How do I manage my radiation poisoning on a daily basis?

Radiation poisoning is a potentially life-threatening illness that requires close supervision by experienced medical professionals. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may need to be hospitalized and possibly isolated from others. Isolation is important to prevent contaminating others and to protect you from infection while your immune system is weak. Whether you are in the hospital or stable enough to return home, it is important for you to adhere to your doctor's recommendations about medications, isolation, and follow-up care. Furthermore, if you are receiving medical radiation treatments, you should learn to recognize the symptoms of radiation poisoning so that you can seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
Can children's vitamins cause severe poisoning or death?
Niamh van MeinesNiamh van Meines
YES! When considering vitamins for children the quality of the vitamin must be considered: a reputab...
What poisons can be absorbed through the skin?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Poisons that can be absorbed through the skin come from many sources including plants, such as p...
What poisons are injected?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Injected poisons can be the bites or stings of insects, spiders, ticks, some marine life, snakes, an...