Could my environment be making me sick?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
There is good evidence that many overlapping disorders including chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity and multi-sensory sensitivity are linked to carbon monoxide poisoning and easily treated as such. Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and multiple chemical sensitivity are all on the rise. Millions of people suffer from chronic fatigue and muscle weakness for no apparent reason. Many people are getting sick from their environments – where they live and work! I have seen an increase in complaints of sensitivity to light, sound, and even electronics like the TV and computers. Perfumes, dyes and household products can set them into a tailspin of allergy symptoms, migraines and complete energy meltdowns. You may be surprised to learn that something in your environment may be making you sick.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What is poisoning?
Poisoning occurs when you come into contact with a substance that is toxic. In some cases, the subst...
What increases my risk for industrial waste poisoning?
The risk factors for industrial waste poisoning are mainly proximity and length of exposure time. Wh...
What should I do if my child swallows poison?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
If your child swallows poison the most important thing is to take the item away and not to make your...