How can alcohol poisoning affect my quality of life?

Alcohol poisoning that does not result in death can have severe, life-altering health consequences. An alcohol overdose can cause coma. Breathing can be suppressed so severely that it becomes fatal. Arrhythmias and other heart problems can develop. People who survive an episode of alcohol poisoning may suffer irreversible damage to their brain. The severity of these effects can vary for each individual person and cannot be predicted.

Continue Learning about Poisoning

Are Your Grandkids at Risk From Your Meds?
Three generations of Matthews have played in the NFL: Clay Matthews, Sr., played four seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. His eldest son, Clay Matthe...
What should I do in case of accidental poisoning?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
In the case of accidental poisoning, if time permits, contact the Poison Help Center at 1-800-22...
Is aluminum harmful?
Aluminum is a metallic element that is found combined with other elements in the earth's crust. It i...
How can a person be poisoned?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A person can be poisoned by swallowing poison, breathing it, absorbing it through the skin, or by ha...