Do all these pesticides mean I shouldn’t eat fruits and vegetables?

No, you should eat fruits and vegetables! The health benefits of a varied diet rich in fruits and vegetables outweigh the risks of pesticide exposure. You can reduce your exposures as much as possible by choosing organic produce when possible, but eating conventionally grown produce is better than not eating fruits and vegetables at all.

Continue Learning about Pesticides

Are pesticide residue levels in food monitored?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
In a perfect world, pesticides would be nonexistent, but unfortunately they're not. In this vide...
Why should I make sure my exterminator doesn't use chlordane?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Chlordane, a highly toxic pesticide, was for decades the chemical of choice for termite control. Ext...
Is There a Connection Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Pesticide Exposure?
Are Pesticide Residue Levels in Food Monitored?