Do all these pesticides mean I shouldn’t eat fruits and vegetables?

No, you should eat fruits and vegetables! The health benefits of a varied diet rich in fruits and vegetables outweigh the risks of pesticide exposure. You can reduce your exposures as much as possible by choosing organic produce when possible, but eating conventionally grown produce is better than not eating fruits and vegetables at all.

Continue Learning about Pesticides

Why should I make sure my exterminator doesn't use chlordane?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Chlordane, a highly toxic pesticide, was for decades the chemical of choice for termite control. Ext...
Are the pesticides in my food dangerous?
The truth is, doctors don't know what the long-term effects of most pesticides will be. Watch th...
Supermarket Savvy: Decoding PLU Labels on Fruits and Veggies
Is There a Connection Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Pesticide Exposure?