Managing your pneumonia carefully can help you recover faster and avoid complications. Doctors recommend getting plenty of rest. If your doctor prescribed medicine, take all of it. If you're taking antibiotics, don't stop even if you're feeling better. If you don't finish the full course of antibiotics, your pneumonia may come back. Make an appointment with your doctor for follow-up care. You may need a chest x-ray to be sure the infection is completely gone.
- Q Is pneumonia one of the common types of bacterial infections?
- Q Is there a cure for pneumonia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for pneumonia?
- Q What medications help treat pneumonia?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pneumonia?
- Q Is pneumonia deadly?