Managing your pneumonia carefully can help you recover faster and avoid complications. Doctors recommend getting plenty of rest. If your doctor prescribed medicine, take all of it. If you're taking antibiotics, don't stop even if you're feeling better. If you don't finish the full course of antibiotics, your pneumonia may come back. Make an appointment with your doctor for follow-up care. You may need a chest x-ray to be sure the infection is completely gone.
- Q How is pneumonia treated?
- Q When does a doctor put a patient in the hospital for pneumonia?
- Q What is community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pneumonia?
- Q Is pneumonia one of the common types of bacterial infections?
- Q Is pneumonia deadly?