How do I manage my pneumonia on a daily basis?

Managing your pneumonia carefully can help you recover faster and avoid complications. Doctors recommend getting plenty of rest. If your doctor prescribed medicine, take all of it. If you're taking antibiotics, don't stop even if you're feeling better. If you don't finish the full course of antibiotics, your pneumonia may come back. Make an appointment with your doctor for follow-up care. You may need a chest x-ray to be sure the infection is completely gone.

Continue Learning about Pneumonia

Dental Visits Ward Off Pneumonia
Dental Visits Ward Off Pneumonia
In the Friends episode, “The One with Ross’ Teeth,” Ross (David Schwimmer) over-bleaches his teeth for an upcoming date, leaving him with glaringly wh...
How is pneumonia diagnosed?
It can be difficult to diagnose pneumonia, with its cold- and flu-like symptoms. To decide if you ha...
How can pneumonia be prevented?
Pneumonia can't always be prevented, but vaccination can help keep you from getting it and make the ...
Can Pneumonia Be Prevented?
Can Pneumonia Be Prevented?