Should I talk to my doctor about my pleurisy symptoms?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your pleurisy symptoms. You should talk to your doctor not only because the symptoms like persistent chest pain and shortness of breath are uncomfortable, but also because pleurisy is the complication of other medical conditions that can be very serious, such as infection, disease, and cancer. Untreated pleurisy may continue to worsen. If you have trouble breathing or your skin takes on a bluish tone, see a doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Pleurisy

Is pleurisy known by any other names?
There are other names for pleurisy. The painful lung condition is also known as pleuritis, pleuritic...
How do other illnesses affect pleurisy?
The most significant way that other illnesses affect pleurisy is that they cause the condition in th...
How long does pleurisy last?
How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such...
Is pleurisy serious?
The conditions that cause pleurisy are usually more serious than the condition itself. Though pleuri...