How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q Does homeopathy help treat respiratory ailments?
- Q Is pleurisy known by any other names?
- Q Would losing weight improve my asthma symptoms?
- Q What should I do about a cough that won't go away?
- Q What are possible complications of respiratory disorders?
- Q What are the different parts of your lungs-and what does each do?