How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q How is interstitial lung disease diagnosed?
- Q What happens when I don’t take in enough oxygen?
- Q Are lungs from donors who died from drowning safe for transplants?
- Q Are pleural cavity disorders serious?
- Q What tests will diagnose why I have shortness of breath (dyspnea)?
- Q Why shouldn't I neglect to treat small breathing problems?