How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What is a pulmonologist?
- Q Are lungs from donors who died from drowning safe for transplants?
- Q Are pleural cavity disorders serious?
- Q How is nail clubbing related to lung disease?
- Q What causes me to cough up phlegm when I don’t have a cold?
- Q What lifestyle habits have the most effects on lungs?