How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What causes pulmonary alveolar proteinosis?
- Q What sort of diet can help protect against lung disease?
- Q What should I do about a cough that won't go away?
- Q Is pleurisy known by any other names?
- Q Would losing weight improve my asthma symptoms?
- Q Why shouldn't I neglect to treat small breathing problems?