How will my doctor examine me for plantar fasciitis?

If you have plantar fasciitis, your doctor can diagnose this process clinically by reproducing your pain by applying pressure to this region with a fingertip (no additional imaging or tests are needed). Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation of the adjoining tissues on the bottom (plantar surface) of your foot. This pain is localized in front of the calcaneal (heel) bone, in the region between your heel and the arch of your foot.

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What causes plantar fasciitis?
Jane MilliffJane Milliff
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation and micro tearing of the ligament that supports the arch in you...
What type of doctor should I see for plantar fasciitis?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
I would recommend visiting a doctor who specializes in sport medicine.  This type of physician is mo...
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help