How will my doctor examine me for plantar fasciitis?

If you have plantar fasciitis, your doctor can diagnose this process clinically by reproducing your pain by applying pressure to this region with a fingertip (no additional imaging or tests are needed). Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation of the adjoining tissues on the bottom (plantar surface) of your foot. This pain is localized in front of the calcaneal (heel) bone, in the region between your heel and the arch of your foot.

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What causes pain in the heels of my feet?
Dr. Harris H. McIlwain, MDDr. Harris H. McIlwain, MD
The pain in the middle of the heel on the bottom of your foot is most often due to a problem called ...
Will my foot wear choice effect how I heal from plantar fasciitis?
Yes, women who wear high heels may experience a longer recovery time due to the fact that their calf...
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help