What type of doctor should I see for plantar fasciitis?

I would recommend visiting a doctor who specializes in sport medicine.  This type of physician is most familiar with injuries such as this, and will be able to give the best treatment advice. 

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

If you feel sharp heel pain, you may have plantar fasciitis. It's common among older people and especially among athletes. Plantar fasciitis develops when ligaments that support the arch become strained and the pain and stiffness ...

gets progressively worse. Rest, ice, stretching and pain relievers all help, but you may also need a new pair of running shoes.

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.