Complete stretches for your calves at least 2-3 times per day, especially when you wake up and before you go to bed. The calf muscles can become tight when sleeping, so stretching in the morning will be important. Stretching before bed will help relax the calf muscles after a long day, particuarly if you're on your feet all day. You can also use a foam roller on your calves as a form of self-massage several times a day prior to stretching to help improve calf flexibility.
- Q What exercises can help treat plantar fasciitis?
- Q What types of surgery are available to treat plantar fasciitis?
- Q What could cause heel pain especially in the morning?
- Q How can I deal with heel pain from plantar fasciitis?
- Q What is plantar fasciitis?
- Q What are some nondrug treatments for plantar fasciitis?