What causes pain in the heels of my feet?

Pain in the heels of the feet is caused by growing, plantar fasciitis or stressed motions.

The pain in the middle of the heel on the bottom of your foot is most often due to a problem called plantar fasciitis, which is caused by inflammation of the tissues that attach at the bottom of the heel. It will hurt when you walk as the heel touches the ground, so every step may be painful. If your doctor confirms this, it usually helps to soak the heel or foot in warm water twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes, and to buy a good heel cushion at your sporting goods store or pharmacy. Use the heel cushion in your shoe or sock anytime you’re up during the day. If your pain continues, a local injection or other medications from your doctor can help. This problem usually will take care of itself over a few weeks.

Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain, Sleep Better and Feel Great in 21 Days, ADA...sound nutritional advice...do-able, delicious..a godsend to pain sufferers.

Do you wake up each morning aching with joint or muscle pain? Have you been trying to lose stubborn belly fat for years? Do you wish you could be active without pain medications? Look no further:...

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

Will my foot wear choice effect how I heal from plantar fasciitis?
Yes, women who wear high heels may experience a longer recovery time due to the fact that their calf...
How do I deal with plantar fasciitis?
Holman Chan, MDHolman Chan, MD
Many cases of plantar fasciitis can be helped with stretches and orthotic gel inserts, says Holman C...
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?