How can I relieve the pain caused by plantar fasciitis?

Plantar fasciitis can be treated with rest and ice. Place a frozen water bottle over the bottom of your foot for up to 10 minutes. This will calm the spasm and break up some of the tissue. You could also take any type of anti-inflammatory medication. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What causes pain in the heels of my feet?
Dr. Harris H. McIlwain, MDDr. Harris H. McIlwain, MD
The pain in the middle of the heel on the bottom of your foot is most often due to a problem called ...
What causes plantar fasciitis?
Jane MilliffJane Milliff
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation and micro tearing of the ligament that supports the arch in you...
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?