How does plantar fasciitis affect my body?

Dr. William S. Lynde, DPM
Podiatrist (Foot Specialist)

Plantar fasciitis has no affect on your body, other than the injured foot. Plantar fasciitis is painful, but if left untreated, it causes no more serious harm. The only issues that come with leaving plantar fasciitis untreated is that most patients try to compensate for their painful heel and change the way in which they walk. This could contribute to pain in the knees, hips, back and possibly elsewhere.

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What exercises can help treat plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis can cause intense pain in the foot and heal, but you can get relief by practicing ...
What causes plantar fasciitis?
Jane MilliffJane Milliff
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation and micro tearing of the ligament that supports the arch in you...
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?