How does plantar fasciitis affect my body?

Dr. William S. Lynde, DPM
Podiatrist (Foot Specialist)

Plantar fasciitis has no affect on your body, other than the injured foot. Plantar fasciitis is painful, but if left untreated, it causes no more serious harm. The only issues that come with leaving plantar fasciitis untreated is that most patients try to compensate for their painful heel and change the way in which they walk. This could contribute to pain in the knees, hips, back and possibly elsewhere.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Plantar Fasciitis

What causes pain in the heels of my feet?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Pain in the heels of the feet is caused by growing, plantar fasciitis or stressed motions.
What type of doctor should I see for plantar fasciitis?
Melissa Hatton, NASM Elite TrainerMelissa Hatton, NASM Elite Trainer
I would recommend visiting a doctor who specializes in sport medicine.  This type of physician is mo...
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
How Do I Deal with Plantar Fasciitis?
Got Plantar Fasciitis? Get Heel-Pain Help